Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Media Critiques [JMC]?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Manuscripts' should be written in 10 pt, except abstract (9 pt.), explanation and number of figure, table etc. (9 pt.), title of manuscript (16 pt), author name (14 pt.), all titles in the text 11pt and bold. References title 12 pt with Times New Roman, References (in alphabetical order by the last name) text should be 11 pt with Times New Roman.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Ensure that your submission is anonymized (including in "Properties). To anonymize your manuscript for double blind peer review, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Authors must include their profile, including affiliation and rank, when submitting a manuscript.
- All articles should include an abstract of no more than 150 words.
- All articles must follow the most current APA style guide (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association).
- All articles must include a bibliography at the conclusion of their manuscript that conforms to the most current APA style.
- Only one submission by an author will be considered at a time.
The JMC is an international interdisciplinary academic journal which is dedicated to the open exchange of information. Therefore, JMC is freely available. Copies of this journal or articles in this journal may be distributed for research or educational purposes free of charge and without permission. However, commercial use of the JMC website or the articles published is strictly prohibited without the permission of the editor. Authors who publis in Journal of Media Critiques will release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives (by-nc-nd) license. This license allows for redistribution, commercial and non-commercial, as long as it is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to you. For details of the rights, see the "human-readable summary" of the license, with a link to the full license. This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.